November 6, 2018 Election
Remember: November 6 is Election Day. Polls are open 7am to 8pm.
LWV-Needham has assembled information from the Needham Town Clerk’s and Secretary of the Commonwealth’s websites. The Town Clerk and the Secretary of the Commonwealth are the primary sources for information on voting and elections.
Am I registered? Affiliated with a party?
All of these questions can be answered at this link. Enter your name, date of birth, and zip code. In response you will find out:
- Your voting status
- Party affiliation
- Who’s on your November 6 ballot (when available)
- Where to vote
- Your statewide and district office holders
I need to register to vote, what do I do?
You can register to vote through Wednesday, October 17.
Online through the Secretary of the Commonwealth’s website. You must have a Massachusetts driver’s license or ID to register online.
In person by October 17 at the Needham Town Clerk’s Office. There will be a special voter registration session at the Town Clerk’s Office from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on October 17 at Needham Town Hall 1471 Highland Ave. Needham, MA 02492.
Mail in using this form. Mail or deliver to Needham Town Clerk, Needham Town Hall 1471 Highland Ave. Needham, MA 02492.
What will Needham voters be voting on?
Candidates, three statewide ballot questions, and one local ballot question are on ballot. You can view what will appear on your ballot by entering your address into the Secretary of the Commonwealth’s “Find my election information.”
Early Voting: Needham Schedule / Vote Early by Mail
Absentee ballots for the November 6 election were available as of October 3. In order to be eligible to vote by absentee ballot in Massachusetts, a voter must be prevented from voting at their polling place on Election Day, due to:
- Absence from the voter’s city or town on Election Day; or
- Physical disability; or
- Religious belief.
To vote Absentee, if eligible, you must:
- Be registered to vote*.
- Apply for an absentee ballot from the city or town where you are registered using the Absentee Ballot Application Form (a family member may apply for you).
- Once the Absentee Ballot is received, complete the Ballot and return it to the city or town where you are registered to vote.
Download the Absentee Ballot Application. See page 2 for full instructions.
*Or a non-registered voter:
- Absent from the state;
- An active member of the armed forces or a member of the merchant marines, their spouse or dependents;
- A person confined to a correctional facility or jail for reasons other than felony conviction.
If you are applying for a ballot and voting by mail, plan ahead. Request the ballot as soon as possible and return it well in advance of election day, November 6. Applications for absentee ballots must be received by noon of the day before the election, Monday, November 5.
Completed absentee ballots must be received by the close of polls (8:00 pm) on Election Day.
Questions about Absentee Voting for Needham voters should be directed to the Needham Town Clerk’s Office 781-455-7500, ext. 216, 218, 219, 252.