State & National Elections
For complete information on state and national elections visit the Secretary or the Commonwealth’s website for Elections Division.
Statewide elections are held in November of even-numbered years the Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth.
The next state general election is Tuesday, November 6, 2018. The tentative primary election is Tuesday, September 18, 2018.
- The general election will include an Early Voting period.
- The ballot will include one U.S. Senator, all U.S. Representatives, State Senators, State Representatives, Governor’s Council.
- Statewide offices include Governor, Lt. Governor, Secretary of the Commonwealth, Attorney General, Treasurer, and Auditor.
- County offices include County Commissioners, District Attorney, Registrar of Deeds, and Clerk of Courts.
- In addition, ballot questions, local party committees, and state party committees will be on the ballot.
- Local ballot questions may also be included.